Thursday, December 06, 2012

My new certifications as well as considered an upgrade

Last month (30 - 31 Oct) I got the new certifications on MS Dynamics AX 2012 on two exams :
MB6-869 : MSTS - MS Dynamics AX 2012 installation and configuration, with score 875.
MB6-872 : MCTS - MS Dynamics AX 2012 development introduction, with score 1000.
to be recognized as MCTS - Dynamics (with one exam also you get this).
The sources to study were :
1. My current job function.
2. Book: Inside Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012, by The Microsoft Dynamics AX Team.

This week, on Monday, I passed exam 70-452,  PRO: Designing a Business Intelligence Infrastructure Using Microsoft SQL Server 2008, which allow me to get my MCITP in Business Intelligence 2008 (along with 70-448 which had passed last year), with score 833.
So now I'm MCITP - Business Intelligence Developer 2008 as well.
The sources to study were:
1. My current job function.
2. Book: Delivering Business Intelligence with Microsoft SQL Server 2008 by BRIAN LARSON.

Then , the day after, I also passed 70-460, Transition your MCITP: Business Intelligence Developer 2008 to MCSE: Business Intelligence, with score 700.
Some explanation about this exam may be considered:
That is 2-in-1 exam, 70-466 and 70-467, consist of 3 parts with 49 questions and 190 minutes time limit. First I asked by answer to 25 questions.
Then I ended the exam, the timer was resorted and return to the next 9 questions. Afterward I also ended this exam but the timer continued till the rest of the 15 questions which were 3 separate scenarios.
Type of question were: Single choice,  Multi choices (up to 10 options), Drag and Drop, Select -in application menu, Scenario.
My idea is the exam is designed specially for who has the practical experience with working in real world, such BRIAN LARSON did in his books using MaxMin conceptual company and database model.So I have found the BRIAN LARSON book Learn By Doing section the most usefull source for study and pass the exam.
The sources to study were:
1. Book: Delivering Business Intelligence with Microsoft SQL Server 2012 by BRIAN LARSON.
2. Book: Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Analysis Services, The BISM Tabular Model, Microsoft Press.
3. MSDN and Technet libraries and resources.

My goal is to get MCSE 2012 on Business Intelligence.
The plan is, I should complete exam 70-457 and 70-458, now working on 70-457.

No comments: